06/01/2013

MY TOP 2012 SONGS

Damn I can't believe a year already went by as I still can remember myself posting my top 2011 songs like it was last month.
In term of music I was very unsatisfied with 2011 with not so many amazing songs for an infuriating amount of shit music. Shit music still go strong in 2012 but thanks to some newcomers and awesome artists, I am enjoying very much my 2012 playlist.

Here are the songs that made my year, in no specifical orders:

The Black Keys - "Lonely Boy"
This song was technically released late 2011 but literally broke out this year and I swear I can dance like this man in the music video during the whole song !


Alex Clare - "Too Close"
I never thought I would say thank you to internet explorer one day


LLLL - "Because of My Eyes"
LLLL is Tokyoite duo making experimental electronic pop music. The high pitched female singer and the chillwave sound makes LLLL a very interesting duo that I will continue to follow. The black and white music video of Tokyo street lights and a TOKYO DANDY party (I see you YOON) match very well with the song in a way.


Frank Ocean - "Thinking About You"
The man of the year, song of the year, album of the year. Thank you Frank.


group_inou - "ORIENTATION"
Believe me you never heard a group like this before. Composed of CP (MC) and Imai (Beatmaker), group_inou is an innovative duo from Tokyo, their unique sound is a smart mix of electronica /chiptune and Hip Hop music. They released their third album "DAY" on october.


Mark Foster, A-Trak, Kimbra - "Warrior"
Both Mark Foster and Kimbra invaded the radio this year, one with Foster The People and the excellent "Pumped Up Kicks" and Kimbra with Gotye for "Somebody that I used to know", but this song for the Converse project with DJ A-Trak is awesome !


BIGBANG - "BAD BOY"
I only listen to kpop when it's this good. (although I recommend to listen to this song without the mv)


Disiz - "Extra-Lucide"
Probably the only french rapper I listen this much. 2012 was a very good year for Disiz, so many good songs I could have put them all here. Dope instrumentals and deep meanings lyrics, Disiz.


Miguel - "Adorn"
He was already in my top 2011 with "Sure Thing" oh Miguel thank you so much for existing, your album is eargasm. This man is singing things like "do you like drugs" or "tell me that the pussy is mine" but the overall is just so so so so good that I could love whatever he's singing. It's so smooth. Miguel's album is my favorite album of 2012.


M.I.A - "Bad Girls"
It's without any hesitation the music video of the year, I just wish the album would come sooner !


ONE OK ROCK - "The Beginning"
I'm totally biased when it comes to one of my favorite japanese rock band ONE OK ROCK, they were also in my top of last year and I can just do the same this year with their single "The Beginning" that I think is totally awesome. This band never disappoint.


Lana Del Rey - "Blue Jeans"
Lana Del Rey released one of my favorite album of 2012, you can say whatever you want about her singing skills and all but that won't change de fact that her songs gives me such pleasant feeling of being wild, free and masochist.


2NE1 - "I love You"
I fell in love with this song in the very first seconds of the song. I totally ditched kpop this year but this song was on replay.


mabanua - "Talkin' to you"
mabanua is a member of the jazz-hip-hop group Ovall and a multi-talented artist, drummer, beatmaker, singer. "talkin' to you"is the kind of song that is making you good for hours, really good.


Azealia Banks - "1991"
Ohla la la Flirting with a cool French dude named Antoine, wanna taste the pastry chocolate croissant, ce soir with the bitch, Café au Lait, voulez-vous nigga mad Francois


[Champagne] - "Waitress Waitress"
Awesome song from the japanese rock band [Champagne] who released their third album "Schwarzenegger" in april, a great album !



 
The Ting Tings - "Hang It Up"
I want to skate and give a kick in the garbages while listening to this song ! It's from their second album released in february


The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - "Heart Attack"
This song is my happy jam of 2012, I just put it on replay and do everything with a smile, unicorns and rainbows



That's it for 2012! my only regret is to not have listened more hip hop music, also, my computer died in september so I'm pretty sure I missed a lot of good songs.

I made a blog, NIHON NOIZE, where I post new music videos from japanese artists, from underground HipHop to indie rock and regular jmusic. Feel free to go check out the blog if you want to know more japanese good sounds. You can follow the update via twitter and facebook.


Now tell me, what is your favorite 2012 song(s) ?!

1 commentaire:

  1. Ma chanson de l'année c'était "All I Want Is You" de M-flo :D je l'ai écouté au moins 500x

    RépondreSupprimer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...